Neighbourhood disputes commonly arise in relation to two areas; trees which affect adjoining properties and dividing fences.
A tree can affect adjoining properties if it:
- Has branches which hang over adjoining properties
- Has branches or fruit which drop onto adjoining properties
- Has a root system which causes damage to adjoining properties
- Has branches which prevent television reception or sunlight from reaching solar panels.
A dividing fence can affect adjoining properties if it:
- The alignment of the fence
- The type of fence to be built
- The amount of money each party should contribute towards the construction/repair of the fence; or
- Who should be responsible for the cost of repairing damage to the fence?
If the dispute is unable to be resolved between neighbours, our team are able to assist.