Our experienced team is able to advise on all Leasing and franchising matters including:
- Preparing and reviewing Lease Agreements
- Compliance with the Retail Shop Leases Act 1994
- Sale and purchase of franchise businesses
- Preparing, reviewing or updating franchise agreements
- Compliance with the Franchising Code of Conduct
Whether you are a landlord or tenant entering into commercial property lease, it’s important to get legal advice prior to entering into a commercial lease.
We can assist landlords in drawing up the lease agreement so both parties understand their obligations under it and for tenants, we can review the lease agreement and advise on amendments.
Our team can assist those entering into a franchise by preparing, reviewing or updating franchise agreements to ensure they comply with the Franchising Code of Conduct and to ensure the franchisee is fully aware of their obligations under the agreement.
We can assist in the following areas;
- Presentation of the franchise offer
- Negotiation with the franchisor’s legal advisors
- Managing the sale of a business
- Dispute resolution including negotiation, mediation and litigation
- Renewal of agreements
- Termination of agreements